Car Accident Lawyers
Handling the stress and trauma associated with a car accident can impact your mental and physical health. Do you have medical and insurance bills you can’t afford to pay after a car accident? Are the recovery and repair costs from your accident piling up? Let the personal injury attorneys at Hasner and Hasner get you the fair compensation for your losses that the law allows. If you have suffered losses involving a car crash, call the office of Hasner and Hasner, PA, for the most comprehensive legal representation in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Call us, your local car accident attorney, for a free consultation at 856-282-0777 today!
The Hasner and Hasner team of accident attorneys dedicates themselves to helping personal injury victims in New Jersey and Pennsylvania through the complex procedures and legal handling that can follow a motor vehicle accident. Our smaller firm makes sure you always talk directly with a lawyer that has knowledge of the local court system that gives that feeling of family that has your back. Sharing 50+ years of combined legal experience on cases you can rely on a reputable car accident law firm such as Hasner and Hasner, PA to be dedicated to your case using their detail-oriented approach in identifying all potential legal issues and get you the settlement you deserve.
Steps to Take After an Accident
If you have been harmed in a motor vehicle accident by no fault of your own it is crucial to act as quickly as possible. If injured, call 9-1-1 for immediate assistance.
- Take photos of any physical evidence, including broken glass, skid marks, and bloodied clothing. Attorneys will include these in your claim.
Your well being and health is the highest priority always. Even if you feel that you were not injured, you may still want to seek medical treatment immediately for an evaluation to confirm that you did not actually get injured. Injuries can go unnoticed for weeks without the proper medical care. It is difficult to tell if injuries were caused by a car accident if you do not seek medical attention immediately, and a delay in treatment could have a negative effect on any case or claim you may have.
- Try not to leave the scene of an accident without collecting insurance information from everyone involved in the accident. If the police respond to the scene, they should collect this information. But if no police officer arrives, we highly recommend calling the police so that they investigate and make a report and document the accident.
Additional steps you can take should you find you or someone you love becomes the victim of an accident would include:
- Getting a copy of the police report. If you hire an attorney like Hasner and Hasner, PA, they should be able to get a police report on your behalf as soon as it is ready and made by the police.
- Speaking with the car accident attorneys
Accidents happen, and you will want the trusted experience of a law firm like Hasner and Hasner, PA by your side. Call us today for help with your accident. If you live in New Jersey or Pennsylvania and someone you love has injuries from a recent car accident, we can help talk you through all the steps you need to take to ensure you get compensated. As the best car accident lawyers in Clementon, NJ, you’ll be glad you made the choice to reach out to us.
Types of Insurance
You’ll want to notify your insurance of an accident immediately. If you can, ask a family member or one of the trusted accident attorneys at Hasner and Hasner PA to call on your behalf. Calling is an essential step in starting your claim. Insurance can vary based on the vehicle. The coverage options selected while choosing an insurance provider can affect how you file your claim and how much money may be available. Some insurance plans have cheaper premiums but, in return, that person may have given up or limited their rights if they are hurt in a motor vehicle accident. These types of limitations are called the “Limitation on Lawsuit Option” or informally referred to in New Jersey as the Verbal Threshold limitation. Choosing the Limitation on Lawsuit option can limit the holder’s ability to make a recovery for pain and suffering for injuries resulting from an accident that are not permanent.
Here are a couple of the types of coverages that could apply to you:
- The Dollar-A-Day plan – offers specific low-income customers the opportunity for insurance with a premium of only $365 a year or a dollar daily. Coverage under this plan is limited to only paying for your hospital bill (if the accident puts you in the hospital) and nothing else.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM) – If someone causes an accident and doesn’t have car insurance, whether they forgot to pay their premium or cancelled their insurance or whatever the reason, then you can make a claim under your own insurance policy for UM coverage and recover money for pain and suffering through your own insurance policy;
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UIM) – If someone causes an accident and does not have a lot of coverage and you are severely injured, you may have a UIM claim. Example: Person x causes a terribly serious accident and causes person y horrible injuries. Person x has the minimum coverage in New Jersey, $25,000.00 per accident. Person y has $100,000.00 of UIM coverage. In this case, Person y can attempt to obtain $25,000.00 from the insurance of Person x. If the insurance for Person x pays the $25,000.00, then person y can then make a claim against their own insurance company for $75,000.00, which is the difference between the $25,000.00 policy that person x had and the total coverage that person y had, which was $100,000.00
- But BE CAREFUL! There are rules that you must follow in this scenario. To make sure you follow the rules and the law, contact a lawyer at Hasner and Hasner, PA.
- Property Damage, also called collision coverage – generally has around a $500 deductible and covers claims regarding damages to your vehicle.
- Bodily Injury Insurance – is for damages and injuries you have caused to another individual and is offered in different coverage amounts. It is best to have as much bodily injury coverage as possible. Be sure of the limitations fixed in a provider’s plan BEFORE committing to new insurance coverage. Know what you are giving up before making the decision.
- As always, if you have any questions about coverages, call Hasner and Hasner, PA today for a free consultation about your insurance policy, what it means and a recommendation on what you should have.
Statute of Limitations
State and Federal laws set maximum time frames for filing a claim. These time constraints held on the law are known as a statute of limitations. In New Jersey and Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is generally two years from the date of the accident. Failing to file your lawsuit within this period could ruin your case, resulting in you never receiving the compensation that may be entitled to you. There are some exceptions to the two year statute of limitations as well.
Laws and Statutes
Under 2A:15-5.2. Findings of fact; percentage of fault; terms defined by New Jersey law, all questionable actions where a person seeks to recover damages from a business or organization due to the establishment’s negligent behavior resulting in injury or damage done to your personal property will need to consider the following facts of the case when building a claim: the total value of all damages regardless of the claimant’s fault and the percentage of negligence of all parties involved, as well as other factors.
Common Ways to Stay Safe
The best way to protect yourself from becoming an accident victim is to practice safe driving. Always wear your seatbelt and keep your eyes focused on the road. Pull over if you feel that you are becoming tired or distracted and finding it hard to concentrate on the road. Never text and drive. It is easy and affordable to purchase software and devices that can help to assist with hands-free communication while driving. You should never drive if you are at all concerned that you are impaired due to the drinking alcohol or taking an intoxicating substance. This can lead to additional criminal charges. If you have been drinking it can negate a compensation claim even if you are not at fault. Always think and plan ahead before driving. Things as simple as the time of day and weather can impair a driver’s ability to focus and operate a vehicle to their best capability. Lastly, purchase insurance: the more coverage, the more protection in an accident.
Whether you are a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, if you experienced injury or loss due to an accident, the comprehensive legal representation at Hasner and Hasner is available to assist in your personal injury claim. Car accidents are often the result of careless drivers. Get the right coverage, and remember, we have the seasoned expertise to get you the maximum compensation for your pain and suffering. Not only do people share rides, but we share the road with cyclists and pedestrians. Be vigilant, always follow traffic signals as directed, and when there’s an accident; call the accident attorney law firm of Hasner and Hasner, PA.
What to Expect
Your car accident lawyers will begin with investigating your claim. This involves assessing your age, previous accident history, if any parts of your body that were injured in this accident have been injured previously, how much coverage the other party has, who their insurance provider is, who your insurance provider is, and how speedily you sought medical treatment following your accident. Previously when discussing recovery, we had mentioned the percentages of the negligence of all parties involved in the claim. This information is determined from the investigation.
Simply put, your monetary compensation is circumstantial. You need the best car accident lawyers at Hasner and Hasner to handle your claim. Whether it’s fighting for economic compensation for medical bills, funeral costs, and loss of income or punitive and noneconomic compensation for pain and suffering, call the experts. Don’t wait; if you need a Personal Injury Attorney in New Jersey or Pennsylvania, call Hasner and Hasner today!
Our team of attorneys is family-oriented and dedicated to finding justice for you and those you love who have fallen victim to negligence resulting in injury and/or harm to personal property. When there’s been an accident, remember the dependable accident attorneys at Hasner and Hasner. The experienced motor vehicle law firm working to win compensation for you! Call Hasner and Hasner at 856-282-0777 or reach out online via the website’s Contact page for scheduling an appointment. We are licensed to handle your car accident injury claims in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, so call us today for a free consultation!